Monday, July 16, 2007

What a day.

I will try to explain the mystery test. I still don't know exactly what it is called, but I know what it does. They hooked Isaiah up to electrodes at several pulse points, then wrapped him up in a sheet and strapped him in so he couldn't move. These electrodes track the heart beat and when they are hooked up to the monitors and MRI they are able to trace the cerebra fluids as they flow from the brain down the spinal canal and back. What they are looking for is to see if the cyst has grown to the point where the fluid can no longer pass efficiently, if that is the case, then we will be facing surgery sooner than later. If the fluid passes efficiently then we may still have time to wait. He was not allowed to eat or drink anything after 7 this morning so by the time we left the hospital at 5 he was starving! I was able to get the tests transferred to a disc to take to our appointment tomorrow. I am hoping we will be able to make a treatment plan tomorrow.
I am so very thankful Scott bought a Garmin navigator for the car, with out it I am absolutely positive I would still be driving around Minneapolis looking for the new hospital. As it is we are blessed to have made it in one piece. We seriously came closer than anyone would ever care to getting hit broadside by another car, that guy came barrelling through a red light and very nearly hit Isaiah's side of the car, my Super Spidey Senses kicked in and I was able to swerve out of the way just in time...Isaiah said "Mommy it sure is a good thing we prayed before we left the hotel this morning huh?" Ok so maybe I don't have Spidey Senses, Thank goodness I do have Angels watching out for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angela-I just got the news, we had no idea. Guess we were too wrapped up in the adoption. We have been in Guatemala since June 28 so have been a little disconnected. We will be home 7/25 and will talk to you then. Tristan says to say Hi to Isaiah--you are all in our prayers.
Deb Bracewell