Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Treatment Plan

I love Isaiah's doc! She is wonderful. We see her at the Shriner's Hospital in Minneapolis. Dr. Dunn has a private practice in St. Paul and donates some of her time to the Shriner's Hospital. We found out yesterday she made a special trip for Isaiah. Not only that, she spent well over an hour with us explaining all the test results and why she wants to do what she wants. She sat down with Isaiah and talked about his golfing and all the other details of his life. She stepped out of the room at one point to compare some imaging and Isaiah looked at me and said "Dr. Dunn loves me mom" Its true she does!!
So this is what we learned and the plan...The fluids are running without obstruction at this point, there is no obstruction at the base of the brain, the left ventrical is larger than the right and we will keep an eye on that. She gave him more restrictions of activities and gave us a list of symptoms to watch for. If we notice any changes we are to call her right away. She calculated the growth rate and thinks it is safe to return October 15 for a complete spinal study and repeat of all tests we did this time. I have many mixed feelings right now. Part of me is so very thankful he doesn't have to go through all this again right now, the other part of me just wants to fix it and begin healing, after all he is still a little boy who wants to play and have fun with his siblings and friends, now with the new restrictions I may go crazy...
This morning I was reading my bible and came across this verse in Isaiah...how appropriate!
"...I am He, I am He who will sustain you; I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4
I am counting on that!

1 comment:

Truders said...

So many wonderful verses today. I know it's been a long hard tough road but God is bringing you through. His eye is on the sparrow and He watches over you.