Sunday, July 15, 2007

made it....

OK so let me start with last night....my darling hubby decided he really wanted some home made chocolate chip cookies...so, I sent him out o HyVee at 11:45pm to buy the ingredients. I got up this morning and made chocolate chip cookies...of course Isaiah needed to bring a few along for the trip. Then....we discovered Scott's alternator in his car was bad and needed to be replaced. I am so thankful for Philip who dropped everything on his only day off and came up to help take care of the car. I couldn't leave town until Scott's car was running properly. While they worked on the car I put lunch in the oven for them and finished packing. Isaiah and I got on the road around 11:45a.m. We made it about 3 hours in before Elijah called me crying because he misses us already.....We made great time arriving at the hotel at around 4:15p.m. Only to find that the credit card t was reserved with needed to be in my possession and being that Scott and I don't have credit cards....we had to use someone Else's card in order to reserve the room. Not knowing I actually needed a card. Frantic calls were made a few faxes sent back and forth and by 5p.m. we were handed keys and a smile. The people here are really quite nice. We thought we wanted to find a movie so off we went, changed our minds and found a Burger King (yuk) for dinner and headed back to the hotel. The hotel has a restaurant (The outback) so we ordered dessert....(YUMMMY) I am very proud to say that I successfully changed a fuse in the car....we blew one with the Garmin navigator and dvd player at the same time. I think something is wrong with the adapter. Thanks again to Philip for the pointers on how to fix the fuse thing! We will be off to the hospital tomorrow...I will update again tomorrow night!
Thanks to everyone for the prayers!

1 comment:

Truders said...

Please do keep us posted. We are praying for the two of you there and for Scott at home.