Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 1, 2010

I started this thing on Facebook the 31 days of Thankfulness and have decided to continue it here as well.
I realize today is really Nov. 2 but I am posting one for yesterday and then a new post for today. I LOVE counting my blessings!
So Nov. 1, 2010 I am thankful for Dropz of Hope and the amazing opportunity God has laid before me to serve awesome foster families in central Iowa. I meet some of the most incredible people along this journey. God is faithful even during the moments of uncertainty for Dropz He always comes through bigger and better than I expected. I love the look in the eye of a foster mother when I deliver a crib for the new little baby she just picked up from the hospital and had no idea where he would sleep. Or the look on the face of 10 year old girl who was removed from school and was able to take nothing along with her when I give her new clothes and a jacket that actually LOOK like all the other kids at school PRICELESS. Or the look on the face of the little boy who was able to play baseball for the first time ever because Dropz of Hope paid the league fee and had ball pants in the perfect size....the heartfelt gratitude in the eyes of the children and the foster parents when we are able to meet a need or lend an ear or provide respite and support just when they need it the most.
Lord, What an HONOR to serve You through Dropz of Hope. Thank you for trusting me with these children and their families!

No comments: