Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day #3

Day #3
I had little time for computers yesterday since I was running from the time I woke til the time I went to bed. So here is Nov. 3 2010 thankful....
Daily talks with Gramma. Many years ago when Dad was sick and dying I began the daily routine of talking to Gramma every morning. What a way to start the day. Nearly every morning (there are a few scattered here and there where we miss for one reason or another) I call her around 9am. Our conversations can last a few minutes to just check in and see how we are or can last nearly an hour as we encourage each other, give advice, cry and just plain love on each other. I often think what will I do when she is no longer here for our morning talks? Then I quickly dismiss the thought and savor each moment we have now. I love my Gramma very much, and somehow through her and our daily chats my Dad feels a little closer.

No comments: