Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day #4

Day #4 I am thankful for the women in my life who I look to for wisdom guidance love understanding and sometimes correction.
Many years ago I came across a greeting card that put into words how I feel in my heart about the women who have influenced my life. I can't remember if I have posted this before but no matter, it is definitely worthy of re-posting today. I am not sure I would be able to name the women who have influenced and continue to influence my journey as a woman, mother, wife and friend.

PRAISE TO THE WOMEN ON MY JOURNEY
By: Rev. Melissa M. Bowers

To the women on my journey
Who showed me the way to go and ways not to go,
Whose strength and compassion held up a torch of light and beckoned me to follow…

To the women on my journey
Who showed me how to live and not to live,
Whose grace, success and gratitude lifted me into the fullness of surrender to God…

To the women on my journey
Who showed me what I am and what I am not,
Whose love, encouragement and confidence Held me tenderly and nudged me gently…

To these women I say bless you and thank you
From the depths of my heart,
For I have been healed and set free
Through your joy and through your sacrifice.

I am grateful for the blessing you are to me.

No comments: