Saturday, January 31, 2009

Drops of Hope

I am so excited! After much prayer and planning and love support and encouragement. My vision is coming into real life.
I am in the process of forming a non profit organization toserve foster families in the community. We had our first event last night. Foster parents night out. I lined up a bunch of volunteers. Planned games, activities, food (pizza and pasta), cupcake decorating, books and coloring. The parents dropped their kiddos off at 6 and we played, talked, laughed, ate and danced until 8 when they returned to pick them up. I am not sure who had more fun....us, the kiddos or the foster parents. I am anxious to hear if they plan on coming again. We have decided to offer this night-out once a month. I have many ideas of ways we can support these prescious families. I am so excited!
The blog for Drops of Hope is almost complete. When it is (after my good friend Trudy teaches me all of her bloggery tricks) I will post a link here.
If you would like to help in any way with Drops of Hope please let me know!

1 comment:

Chef Stinson Family said...

Angela, please keep Drew and I informed about this amazing work. Fostering children is very near and dear to our hearts and we would like to help out if we can!