Monday, January 12, 2009

a vapor.....

It seems alot of people around me choose a personal theme for the new year. I have been thinking about it a lot. 2008 was a year of change for me. change. acceptance. loss. growth. In looking forward to 2009 and reflecting on the past I have thought many different things. Do I want my theme to be reflective of how I feel in this moment. a desire of my heart. a hope for the future. a passing thought. Why does it seem so easy for others to come up with a theme for their lives? I like words like refreshing....rejuvinate.....hope.....
Sitting in church last night I was pondering a multitude of thoughts....I can't even list all of them here. Then this gentleman walked across the platform and prepared to sing. He began by saying 'life is but a vapor' I found my thoughts hanging on that statement and missed the rest of what he said. Bummer cuz I am sure it was good. Any way. I have been thinking about that statement. It is so true. Like a vapor we are here and then....gone. I want my vapor to be so profound and leave such a positive impact behinde that no one will ever forget who I was. Not for the popularity. Not because I want to be 'known' or famous. But because I want people to hear my name and think of the change that took place in this world because I followed God's voice and stood in the gap for those who had no one else.
I am no closer today to finding a special theme for the year 2009. I do know that God has been bringing special people from yesterdays gone by back into my life for a reason. God has lined up my world in this way for a reason.
There are so many times I wish He would write His plans on a tablet and and leave them on my doorstep for me....but I know He wont. Another lesson for me to learn....waiting....

No comments: