Tuesday, January 6, 2009

slow progress and a delay

Dominique did very well on his testing today! YAY!! We were able to muttle through a counseling session and the counselor we had today was great! Dominique seemed to really connect with him and liked him. he was even willing to talk things are looking up!
Then it was off to registration again...financial aid again. Only to find a hold on his registration because of our out of state address. Changed that and guess what? YUP it takes 24 hours to update the system come back tomorrow to register. So we thought on the way to the airport we would stop to register his classes. That is until we met with financial aid...only to learn that ALL of his aid went to GVC and has not been released. More calls....more prayers....online something or other...24 hours more to process. AND we have to attend a seminar. Could it be today? Oh please, oh please???? NOPE tomorrow from 2-315 or Jan. 12. NOW WHAT????
We left campus encouraged and discouraged all at the same time. I decided I can not leave Dominique here with so much undone. I called home. Then called GVC AGAIN! The called the airline and changed my flight to Thursday instead of Wednesday. Good thing I bought flight insurance!
I feel better knowing when I leave he should be all set....now, I say should be, because the way things have gone so far.....who knows what we see tomorrow!
Thanks to all of you for all your prayers.
Love to everyone.

1 comment:

ali said...

we're praying for you guys! everything will work together for the good!!! :-)