Wednesday, January 21, 2009

should be a scene in a movie

When I was flying home from Maryland a couple weeks ago I was stuck in Cincinnati for a couple hours and decided since I had not eaten all day and since it was approaching 7pm I would get a sandwich. I found a Quiznos and just after I ordered a group of professional people who were clearly friends and traveling together lined up behind me. They were friendly and having a good time teasing each other. I tried to act like I wasn't paying attention to their antics until the second lady stepped up to place her order....what she said cracked me up so much that I had to say something...
guy behind the counter: May I help you?
lady: yes, uuuuummmmm OK I think I'm ready. I'd like the veggie sub only could you please leave off the tomato, lettuce, onion and pepper, and would you mind putting some smoked turkey on it for me?
guy behind the counter (looking puzzled): Ma'am....did you mean you would like the turkey sub?
lady: nnnnooooooooo, I would like the veggie sub with no lettuce, no tomato, no onion, no peppers. please add the turkey and some cheese. (smile)
by this time all of her friends were laughing hysterically and trying to point out to her that what she ordered WAS in fact the turkey sub....she insisted it was not the same...poor guy behind the counter sought help from his co-worker and she got the exact same response.....so since the customer IS always right....she ordered...paid for....and received....a veggie sub without the veggies but adding turkey and cheese.
I told her friend who was standing with me the entire time...."this should totally be a scene from a movie!" The no veggies lady was very serious and did not see the situation as nearly as humorous as the rest of us!

No comments: