Wednesday, January 7, 2009

slow but sure

Today was a productive day. Praise God for His hand and grace!
The seminar we attended was good for both of us to do. Beings that Dom does not understand much about the aid laws and such. Truth be known I am learning all this as we go. It was a lot different when I went to school.
I was able to straighten out his FAFSA on line and it has officially posted on the national site so we should be good to go. I have almost all the papers I need for the final trip to financial aid in the morning. The web site would not allow me to down load their forms so I have to go in and fill them out but I have everything else already and signed. We registered for all his classes on line and were even able to reserve all his books online as well.
So, it looks like it paid off to wait a day and say a few more prayers. Dominique told me today he was very glad I decided to stay he feels much better now. (and so do I)
Quick trip to the financial aid office in the morning a trip to open his account then off to the airport. My flight is at 440 pm. I have plenty of time to get everything done.
Thank you ALL for loving us through this and for continueing to pray for my boy.
(SSSSHHHHH I think tomorrow I may need a few extra prayers when I have to leave him.)
I wrote this today before we set out for our journey....
I am not perfect.
I bend and sway in the wind.
I go through trials. and temptations. and sometimes my heart gets broken.
But, I do not break in the wind.
I do not walk away.
I keep getting up.
I dust myself off.
I keep turning to God.
As many times as it takes....for as long as it takes...

No comments: