Saturday, January 24, 2009

Red Culture Conference

Some of the childrens ministry team went to the Red Culture Conference this weekend. Like all conferences there were parts I tucked away into my heart and mind for later and parts I tossed out. Pastor Heath preached straight to my heart last night. He spoke into some ministry ideas I have been brainstorming about with some friends and I left there excited and encouraged about things to come. There were so many things that were said throughout the weekend.
Friday high light:
The subject of cultural shift and shock came up "Jesus operated in the culture He was in." That was powerful to me. So many times we as leaders try to get the children who walk through our door to conform to what we believe they should be and we can get hung up on appearance etc. What we need to do if we want these kids to trust us and know that the motives of our hearts are love pure and simple then we need to operate in and do all we can to understand their culture.
Pastor Heath quotes that touched my heart:
(when praying) "Lord ruin my heart for the children." WOW I thought on that for some time.
"On judgement day we will be held accountable for the motives of our heart."
"God thank you for allowing me to be footprints on the sands of time." (in a prayer so I may not be right on with the words I tried to remember exactly how he said it.) I love that. I never thought of my footprints lasting in time....
"help us leave our spiritual DNA on this generation." like the one before. I am not sure I got it word for word...we were praying. THINK ABOUT IT! Spiritual DNA!
If its not done with excellence don't do it at all!!! I am going to do my best to live up to this in all areas of my life.
Saturday high light:
Discipleship starts in their head moves to their heart and is lived out through their hands. The teacher sows the word of God into their intellect. The Holy Spirit moves in the child's heart to help them accept it. The child chooses to commit thier life to God.

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

I am soooo excited for you and all of Iowa! I sure wish I could have witnessed this weekend. Get ready to see a move of God like never before with the youth and kids in Iowa. I'm proud of you and your committment to what God has called you to do.