Monday, January 5, 2009

frustrated

What a day we have had. Confusion between colleges, help from a dear friend Jodi, more confusion, misinformation, a nice professor helped us out. learned that all of Dom's core credits in gen ed classes are NOT transferable between Iowa and Maryland, also learned foreign language is a requirement here and not in Iowa. Also learned that he must take placement tests because he is transferring in from out of state. Testing is tomorrow, wont be able to do anything until then. Don't worry mom it will work out......is what the kind professor said....cry is what I wanted to do. As a mom I need him to be settled BEFORE I get on my plane. I don't want to leave until I know he is set. After leaving the college we tried to find the new doctor who will be managing his asthma from here. Guess what? No office can be found, we searched and searched found the correct building and suite, the walls were clearly marked with where to go but there was no suite by the number on that floor. POOF the doctor disappeared. So, we went to the mall for coffee and a fruit smoothie and came back to Joslyn's house. I just put chicken enchiladas in the oven for dinner, Dominique's favorite and specially requested before I leave.
In the morning we will head back to campus fr testing and some MAJOR begging in the business office for help getting him situated before Wed. Then it is off to hunt down this crazy doctor and open a bank account. Who knew it would be so difficult to find a bank common between Iowa and Maryland???? crazy......I am exhausted and frustrated!
Thank you to everyone for your prayers....please keep praying I have to get a break here soon!

No comments: