Monday, January 19, 2009

faith..grace...trust...and change..

psalm 31:14-15
14 But I am trusting you, O Lord,
saying, “You are my God!”
15 My future is in your hands.
Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly.
Everything that is good and perfect comes from God. God is:
never failing
keeper of His promises
keeper of His Word
will not foresake us
Truth
giver of Life
Never will leave us.

As I travel the road of changes in life sometimes I find myself off the road and traveling a trail. God saves me from the dangers of uncharted trail and wandering aimlessly through wilderness. there are times I can not see why things happen the way they do. But, God is still there, God is still God. He is ever patient with me as I reason with Him through my human heart. His compassion and love brings me back home to Him.
I am growing in my walk with Him. I am learning to give all my joys, all my worries, all my disappointments, all my goals, and my dreams over to Him. I lay them all in His mighty Hands. What a comfort it is to know that I do not need to know what is coming next on these crazy roads I travel, I do not need to understand all the whys and hows of this road. Because God knows where my feet will land on every next step I take. I may get off onto some trail every now and again. But, He will lovingly guide and yes, sometimes carry me back to the main road of His plan.
Faith is the road we travel in order to recieve Grace, God provides grace to meet us where our need is. If we try to do things on our own without being open to receiving the Grace He has for us then it really does not matter how much faith we have we will not receive what we are asking for. The bible says that Grace is the power of God coming to us through our faith to meet our needs.
If we get frustrated it is because we are trying to make things happen on our own. It is not because we have no faith, it is because we have stopped there, just short of allowing His Grace to make the difference.
We get frustrated because we have plans for our lives and sometimes those plans don't work out as we thought they should. What we need to do is trust and rely on God's Grace. Because He knows what we are facing everyday, at work, at home, every step we take, in every situation. If we trust Him enough to allow Him to lead, then He will work out all the details. And what the end result is will be better than what we could have imagined in the first place.
When we get into those situations where it is difficult to remember how to rely on His Grace, lets face it, we are human, so those situations come more often than we would like. See the frustration, stop, ask God, "God, please give me grace in this situation". Then believe that God has heard your prayer and is answering it as you walk through the rest of your day. Leave it there at His feet, trust Him and he will give you the grace to survive any change that comes your way.

No comments: