Thursday, June 28, 2007

Praise to the Women on my Journey

A few years ago I came across this poem by Melissa M. Bowers, I sent it out to a few special ladies in my life and forgot about it until yesterday. It is definitely worth sharing. As new people are added to our journey all the time.
Praise to the women on my journey

To the women on my journey
Who showed me the way to go and ways not to go,
Whose strength and compassion
Held up a torch of light and beckoned me to follow...
To the women on my journey
Who showed me how to live and not to live,
whose grace, success and gratitude
Lifted me into the fullness of surrender to God...
To the women on my journey
Who showed me what I am and what I am not,
Whose love, encouragement and confidence
Held me tenderly and nudged me gently...
To these women I say bless you and thank you
From the depths of my heart,
For I have been healed and set free
Through your joy and through your sacrifice.
I am grateful for the blessing you are to me.

I hope this poem speaks to the hearts of all who read it, it most certainly speaks to mine every time I read it...I hope one day to be one of those women in someone else's journey...

No comments: