Monday, June 25, 2007

Another crazy weekend

So it is Monday again!!! How does time fly by like this? Friday Joy (the best baby sitter in the world) came over to watch the kids so Scott and I could go to a Kindergarten activity for church. You know what is so very sad? I can't remember the last time Scott and I were out on a "date". We finally have time away and we spend it at church with other people's children and then we went to Wal Mart...Someday we might get some real time together...
Saturday brought a visit from Madison's mother, they decorated cookies together. Then our niece had a birthday, Scott and some of the kids went to the party and I and some of the kids stayed home.
Sunday we had church and Sunday school, then we had church again in the evening (as usual). We had a special children's service. But something really cool happened to me after church. I did an object lesson during the service. I don't know if any of you normally help out in children's ministry but there are more times than not that I wonder if my lesson landed and made an impression on the children. Last night on the way out to the car after service I was walking out at the same time as 2 little girls that normally come to church they had brought a visitor last night. Their friend was excitedly telling the mother of the group my ENTIRE object lesson, she told me "that was so cool how you did that and I never knew the only way to get to heaven was through the cross...."I wanted to cry!! If my lesson only made a difference with that one child I did a good job.
My goofy son, Dominique, has said all along that he did not want to go to camp. They were leaving this morning at 8 for camp and what does my boy do?? He pulled me out of Sunday school yesterday, and told me,"mom I changed my mind I really want to got o camp is there any way you can make it possible? PLEASE?" Well you know the first thing I thought was there was a girl going that he likes, but after some investigation I learned that was not the case. So after some major praying we were able to find enough money to pay for the week and Pastor Tommy approved. So we did laundry between churches and the boy is off and running again. Please pray that God will grab a hold of his heart stronger than ever before and he will come home on fire! As a good pastor friend of ours says, I pray he gets totally messed up by Jesus!!
So now it is Monday and I am learning how to patiently wait for the call from Doc Dunn. I know she has a difficult job making the best plan for Isaiah. I think I am finally at a place where I can breathe and understand that she is forming a plan and sometimes great plans take time. I will keep you all posted as we learn more.

2 comments:

Truders said...

I am so proud of you and yes making an impact on just one child is worth it. You don't know how many times we felt that same thing. It makes you feel good when you know your making a difference.

Lori Eilers said...

Wow, Angela! Isn't that the BEST feeling ever? I know I still get that feeling when I see something I've taught become real to a child. Amazing thing and you are always making a difference whether you see and hear it or not! Way to go, Idaho. I'll be praying your sale goes better than you ever dreamed. Wish I could come out and help.