Thursday, April 5, 2007

Something about me must be backwards!

Today as I was pushing my shopping cart into the local Walmart, the alarm starts going crazy. I casually glance around to see what poor unfortunate soul has befallen the embarrassment of a search and siezure by the Walmart Greeter on duty. Only to find the only poor soul in sight was ME! Have you ever heard of such a thing? Setting the alarms off on your way INTO a store??
The sweet little lady at the greeter station cautiously aproached me, my cart is empty mind you, and she reaches for my purse! So, I say "Excuse me ma'am what are you doing?" I really tried to muster up all the respect I could find to put into my voice, but inside I was screaming, "You have got to be kidding me!!! I am ENTERING this fine store why do you want my purse???" I am proud to say that I kept a good handle on the situation, the sweet lady asked if happened to have a CD in my purse, and I did...one I have had for at least 1.5 months. The lady took my CD and ran it over the de-magnetizing thing and promised I wouldn't have any more trouble. I told her I would be exiting through her doors when I was done shopping so please remember me. I am happy to report that upon my exit I heard nothing but the chatter of Sam. And looking over my shoulder I saw the sweet little lady grin and wink at me. This could only happen to me!

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

He, he, he that's pretty dog gone funny my friend! You are right...only you Angela!

Anonymous said...

You know most people try to sneak thngs out of a store, not you though, you try to sneak things into a store. I always knew you were a bit off.
Scott