Thursday, April 12, 2007

oops he did it again!!!

So maybe this week I am not in the running for Mother of the week. Dominique was skateboarding Monday night, when he got home he told me his wrist and hand hurt real bad, so me being the ever attentive mother I am said, get some ice and take some ibuprofen. I love you son good night. Tuesday arrives and again he tells me it is difficult to use his hand, and again I tell him to take some ibuprofen. I did not believe he needed medical attention just a couple days to recover....So, Wednesday arrives and he tells me Mom I can't even put on my deoderant because I cant hold the bottle. So considering the fact that he is 16 and not using deoderant would pose a problem...off to the doctor we go....You guessed it! He most likely has a fracture in his hand but the swelling is too much to cast it right now, so he is in a splint until next week when we get to go back. Doc says he is 90% sure we will put it in a cast next week. Hey at least this time it is the left hand. And maybe it will be better before the weather gets too hot, since winter has decided to return!

3 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Poor, poor Dominique! Maybe he needs to come stay with Pastor Lori! HA - no way, he is nuts for skateboarding! Don't beat yourself up, when Micaela was in 4th grade she got on this kick that she needed glasses. I thought it was because a friend had just gotten them so I ignored her for almost a year before I finally took her to get her eyes checked and....you guessed it, she really did need them! I'm right with ya, girl.

Truders said...

I probably would have done the same thing. Tell Dominique the idea is to stay on it and not fall off!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least when he broke both wrists, it wasn't at the same time, we would have to help him go potty and everything. Well, dad gummitt!! I need to get me one of these website things or something, so I can tell stories too huh. I think I will make my little mini person a 400 pound man in a speedo.YAHOO