Wednesday, May 20, 2009

the Burrito...the register...NO


So the Burrito is a little man who loves. no I really mean LOVES to test the waters and push the limits. It is hard to believe this little terror was failure to thrive, seriously under weight and way behind in development when he arrived! God is so good!
This morning we have been having a little battle of the wills around the dumb register cover. We have one by the front door that is loose and you can move it. Well, the Burrito loves to go over and mess with it. First he will kick it and look at me to see if I have noticed. (since he knows VERY well he is not supposed to touch it!) No! I say...he grins....then he picks it up...NO! I say and take it away to place it back in its spot....he grins bigger....and reaches down to slide it ever so slightly across the wall...NO! Do you want a spanking? ...grinning he slaps his own leg...and tells me no....then he rests his chubby little hand on the top of the register....I stand up and he grins and giggles and scoots away from the register...I reward his obedience with a robust GOOD BOY!!!! at which he promply responds by placing his TOES on the register and giggles and laughs and looks at me as if to say ha ha ha.....NO! I stand up walk over pick him up to scold him and he kisses my nose and sings I LOVE YOU!!!!
I quit!

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

That is too funny! Gotta love his spunk.

Anonymous said...

And that's why God gives the ornery ones an extra dose of cuteness! ~ Jodi