Sunday, November 2, 2008

what a weekend...posted monday the 3rd

It has been such a crazy~long weekend I am not sure I even remember what we did Friday...OH! I remember! We (scott, the kids and I) spent the evening at church decorating the gym for our missions banquet, the children always have a banquet during the same time as the adults. Anyway...the kids had a blast decorating...
Saturday, Scott and Lij went for haircuts, then I ran to Wal Mart, got gas in the van for $1.95 can you believe that price???
Then I was off to pick Dominique up for lunch.
I have been having a difficult time lately with worrying about him. We enjoyed a nice long lunch now we are working on a plan...for the first time in a long time I have peace in my heart...I can't tell you the details now because the doors are just now beginning to open...please pray for all the details to come together. This opportunity is going to be life changing for my boy! As soon as it is all worked out, I will update, in the mean time....pray!
Saturday evening we had the Missions Banquet at church. As with all events we came across a few gliches, but over all it went well. We had some Missionaries from Belgium speak to our kids....she is an amazing vantriliquist, they had all the kids totally captivated!
Pastor Bill has been amazing in supporting us and making sure we had EVERYTHING we needed!
Sunday....I have no idea what happened but for Scott's alarm did not go off so we were late...well, not actually late, see, we get to church most Sundays around 7:20 church begins at 8 but we like to make sure we are prepared to minister to the children so we arrive early....yesterday? 7:50!!!! I don't think that has ever happened. I felt so rushed and unprepared all day. It is amazing how stepping out of your routine can mess up an entire day!
When we got home, Lij got sick...so we did not make it back to church last night. I went to take his temperature to see if he had a fever...he started to cry. here is our brief conversation:
Me: Lij come here I want to take your temperature.
Lij: (crying) I don't want you to take my temperature!
Me: Why not?
Lij: Are you gonna do it like you do when Zephan is sick?
Me: (hiding my amusement) you mean in your bottom?
Lij: crying harder now....I don't want you to do that!
Me: I'm not gonna, see? It goes in your mouth under your tongue like this...(demostration) my ear one broke I had to get out the 'old' kind.
Lij: I don't want to have a fever, I want to go to school tomorrow.
Me: If you are sick you have to stay home.
Lij: Don't take it, then you wont know I am sick and I can go to school, OK????
Me: sorry Buddy, it does not work like that, I already know you re sick, and you don't want to make your friends sick do you?
Lij: no...if I am sick then can I just have a bubble bath and some hot chocolate?
Me: sure.
Lij: and a hug?
Me: yup!
Lij: ok.
Needless to say he did and he is home today...ah the beginning of more toxic germs entering my home...please pass the Lysol!

2 comments:

Truders said...

Now it's my turn to pray for the details to come together for Dominique.

$1.97 for gas? I can hardly wait. It's down here ($2.45) but still that's a good deal.

Adventures of Abby said...

today I filled up for $1.83, I thought I should take advantage for what might be the last day of reasonable gas prices. I am afraid they will go up after the election. It would not surprise me if (11:04pm) as Obama is giving his I won and my kids get a new puppy speech the price is already back upto $2.00/gallon! I hope I am wrong!