Friday, November 21, 2008

drops in their buckets


We are but drops in the buckets of our children and youth. My heart has been heavy for the children for some time now. I find myself pondering the plight of the children of today more and more often. I pray for MY generation and those who came before, I pray we find ways to take responsibility for the mistakes we have collectively and individually made at the expense of future generations. The depths of pain living in the youth of today is far deeper than any one person can heal.
Its the little things said and done that will make the difference. You may think, I am only one person what difference can I make....HUGE! We are individually but a drop in the bucket; when something is given or done that seems so small to the giver fills the need of someone else the difference is huge. One drop added to anothers one drop added to another....pretty soon the bucket will be full and overflowing. We can change the course of the future and all generations. We can let the children know how much they are TREASURED and LOVED.
I want to hear their voice....I want to rejoice with them over their achievements...I want to cheer them on to victory...I want to show them the love they deserve to feel and touch and live....I will be a drop in their buckets!
Matthew 25:40 (New Living Translation)
40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[a] you were doing it to me!’

No comments: