Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Aspiration debut





Elijah and I went to Peoples Court last evening and watched Dominique and his friends preform live for the first time. I don't know which part was more fun. Watching Dominique play his drums on stage and have a blast doing it....or, watching Elijah have a blast being there. Tough call. Lij was so funny, there were merchandise tables set up all along one entire wall. He had to browse through all of it to see if Dom had a shirt for sale. (no merch yet lol). Lij wanted to actually stand right up at the front of the stage, I had to explain to him that 'kids' would be 'dancing' (moshing) in crazy ways and he would likely get hurt if we stood up front. He finally settled for a booth and the rail up on the side. He laughed and laughed at the mosh pit. on our way out Lij said "did you hear that crazy kid? he said he got hit in the face and it was COOL! Thats just nuts!" what a funny boy! After their part of the show Elijah helped them carry all the epuipment out to their van. He is now their official 'roadie'. I was so very proud of Dom and his friends. And I must say it was not as loud as I had anticipated, although I could not understand a word Mykel sang/screamed. I actually enjoyed the music! Am I too old to say....they rocked my socks! of course I may be a little prejudice since he is MY DRUMMER BOY!!!
I am proud of you son!!! Next time I am so wearing a shirt that says..."DOM'S MOM"!

No comments: