Monday, November 10, 2008

update of sorts...

An update of sorts. I will try very hard to stay possitive with this post. By Friday Lij had successfully given me the crud he had all week. I was sick all weekend and still am fighting to feel 100%, took the burrito to the doc to get his flu shot and he had double ear infection and a 'sore throat'. MAN! Friday seems so far away...I ma not even sure I remember what we did Friday. Saturday we went downtown Des Moines and took the kids walking through the skywalks. There is a fun new toy store down there. We had lunch in the skywalk. I had a cheese frenchie, a favorite sandwich of my childhood. Still as good now as I remember. NICE! Went to the mall to buy Isaiah a new winter coat, since the high for Saturday was like 35 degrees....
My friend Jen had a home party of which I have never been before. It was fun and made me want to rip the remaining wall paper off the walls and repaint the whole house just so I can buy more of those wall things...we'll see. That takes engery and that is somehting I am a bit short on lately.
Madison has been struggling which in turn is causing the rest of us to struggle as well. I am at a total loss right now as to which way to turn. How do I help...I am going crazy!
Sunday was church and Dominique came home for Sunday dinner and brought laundry home with him (which he did himself!) He brought his good friend Scott with him, I surprised Dom with Oreo Pie, his favorite dessert!
I had to run an errand and thought while driving wonder what would happen if I just keep on driving and driving, how long would it take before someone noticed I did not come back....then I thought, well, since I get 2 million and 3 calls every time I leve the house sans kids.....I would not make it 1 mile down the road.
We tried to have a game night however Madison had another major melt down...
I will post pix and the story of the 'show' tomorrow. I am so glad I took Lij with me....funny kid! He LOVED it!!
thats all for now.

No comments: