Friday, October 1, 2010

I can hardly believe we are at conference time already! Its always a challenge to juggle all the kids conferences. I need to learn not to schedule back to back but rather leave a break between each one. Last night began with Amaris, and a student led conference followed up with a little one on one with me the teacher. I was bursting with PRIDE over watching Amaris lead her conference. Not only did she do an awesome job telling me all she has been doing in school but she looked so GROWN UP! When did that happen?? I think the part I loved the most was seeing the SPARKLE in her eyes as she spoke. She has made a 100% improvement from last year. Studying hard, participating in class, listening and following directions. Her grades are all A's and B's and we had ZERO behavior issues! I rewarded her with a trip to the book fair where she bought 2 new books!
Then I was off to Samuel's conference. And again I was SHOCKED at the vast improvement!! He has rocked it out this year. We still have a few minor things to work on but WOW! I was not expecting to hear such wonderful things! My favorite part of his conference was reading his very imaginative story all about dinosaurs. The couple things we are working on are so minor in comparison to the amount of progress he has made! Behavior has been so much better! I went directly to the book fair and had Big Elijah pick out a book for him as a reward. When I got home I made everyone in the house come to living room for the grand announcement. I told EVERYONE that Sam had a 100% perfect conference for the first time and that I am super super proud of him. I gave him the new book and he has not put it down since, I think he even slept with it last night! heeheehee!
The last conference of the night was Big Elijah. His was also student led. Lij is so shy about being in the center of attention but his teacher was WONDERFUL about helping him along and making him feel comfortable. Elijah has made huge improvements since the beginning of the year. At the beginning of the year they do little probes to see where the kids are in each area then just before conferences they repeat the probes. He had HUGE improvements in all areas! Every parent appreciates hearing how their child is doing in school both good and bad. I especially love to hear the good things (who wouldn't??) Lij's teacher said she is super proud of Lij for his good attitude, manners, respect, and excellent leadership qualities! He sat there blushing and stared at the table while she went on about how proud she was. My favorite part of his conference has nothing to do with it at all....I love how his cheeks get all rosey and he has this tiny bit of a smile just on one side when he hears people say nice things about him. Lij also got a trip to the book fair as his reward!
Amaris, Samuel and Lij.....I could not be happier with the way our conference night turned out! All 3 of you ROCKED IT OUT!! and I am super proud of all of you! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!!

2 comments:

Truders said...

Wonderful to hear their conferences went well. I am very proud of them as I could tell in your blog how much you are proud of them too. You are a great mom! Keep on keeping on!!

Lori Eilers said...

Woot woot for your awesome kids! Can't say I'm too surprised....they have an amazing mom who keeps them on task. :)