Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Here is the final post ~
I want to make it very clear what was expected of us Madisons parents during this 30 day period following her commital. Frankly I should not have to explain myself or my motives but since I have been accused of neglecting Madison ignoring her and not caring about her during this period I feel it is aappropriate to address this issue. Also It has come to my attention that there are some people who read my blog who felt uncomfortable with what I write and felt it necessary to inform family members of my writing. Please understand, I write here for personal reasons. If you have an issue with me or what I write I would appreciate a PRIVATE message in the form of phone call or email. there is no need to involve third party people or to publicly call me out on my blog.
When we were in court with Madison several things happened.
The judge ruled that Madiosn take 30 days to prove she can take care of herself, BY HERSELF. He knew full well that she does not have a job, money, place to live, or ability to drive. This was the POINT. Madison was not and still is not stable enough to care for herself. The goal was and always has been to prepare Madison to be as healthy and Independant as possible. She was instructed to do everything on her own. Medications, pharmacy, appointments. GED and comply with services that are already in place. She was informed of the free bus token program and was told to contact people through that program to learn how to take public transportation to get to and from her appointments. She was told to apply for SS and medicaid to help pay for her medication since she has chosen to be an independant adult our health insurance will soon run out and then she will have no coverage. Masdison was FULLY informed of all the things she is required to do during this 30 day period. She has lost services due to non compliance, services that she was on the waitlist for 18 months or more to recieve. She is very near losing SS and will not be able to reapply for a year. She has not followed through with the medicaid application either. If these services are terminated it will hurt her not help her. We were ordered to NOT help her in anyway unless she called us and asked specifically for help with getting her medications or applying for the services. Madison has not called me to ask for help on anything. She has called to inform me of how I have ruined her life, she has called me to inform me of the piercing she got, she has called me to inform me that she thinks she is pregnant she has called me to inform me that she quit taking her medications and doesnt notice any difference so she has no intention of continuing. She has called me to inform me that she hopes to become pregnant if she ends up not being pregnant. ALL of these reports are directly from Madison over the phone. I did not make them up. But I am very concerned. I am worried about her and her future.
The end of the 30 days is this week. She has not called the program she was enrolled in for her GED. She has not learned the bus system.
My goal is not and never has been to expect failure in my daughter. My goal has been to prepare her for a possitive future one where she will thrive and be healthy and productive.
The most difficult part of these 30 days has been knowing that my hands are tied and we have been ORDERED by the courts to do NOTHING!
Thanks for taking the time to read this. And please if you are not going to support us in this journey to help Madison find her way in this world please leave us alone. This is hard enough with love and support.

No comments: