Monday, October 4, 2010

Painting painting painting is finally done....well all but a few minor details. Today I will attend to the details and go out to hunt down the carpet. Might I finally see the light at the end of our tunnel? I think we may be close to moving all the boys back into their rooms! Once I get them settled in to their rooms I will be moving the upstairs kids rooms around. I am hoping to be done by the weekend. Please-o-please let this happen! It seems that every time I 'plan' for the work to be done some crisis arises that consumes my days and the rooms sit untouched. I am on a roll and my mind is full of ideas to make the rooms more fun and more functional for each of them!

The end of the week and weekend were full of many things. We had court on Wednesday for Madison, I had to keep Isaiah home to help with kids and buses. Then Isaiah got sick and spent nearly 3 days in PJs and in bed. I am happy to report he is feeling much better now and should be back into the school routine tomorrow (good thing Mondays are no school days for him). Funny thing happened last night with Isaiah. He has been stubborn and refusing to even look at glasses adamantly declaring that the doctor is stupid and has no idea what he is talking about. We have had anger, crying, pouting the works over these crazy glasses. Last night after church Isaiah was teasing Big Elijah and put his glasses on. Isaiah stopped dead in his tracks. Looked around the room slowly. Just stood there expressionless. I said "can you see with Lij's glasses?" Isaiah said "everything is so bright and clear. By the way you need to vacuum!" HA! So I calmly asked if he now understands why we need to get him glasses. He matter-of-factly said "YEP. When can we go?" That simple. Why I didn't think of this sooner is beyond me! All he needed was proof and then he could come to terms with the outcome. He felt fine seeing the way he always has because to him it was normal! CRAZY! Needless to say I think we will do the glasses thing this week!
Friday was a no school day for everyone and no day care for me. I was planning something fun but Isaiah was still sick, so I planned a couple meetings and painted instead. It was a beautiful day and the kids were outdoors all day!
Saturday we got up early and finished the painting job then cleaned up and went to a really nice park for a birthday party. Dorothy Graham brought us her special fried chicken and some wonderful pies. Just because she loves us! She is one amazing lady!

1 comment:

Truders said...

Yay for Isaiah!! Renn will soon be joining the eye glass club, having to wear them for school.