Sunday, September 23, 2007

roller coaster of emotion lately

FRIDAY~
Had the garage sale open at 8 am had a slow morning. I had several friends stop and visit. But the best visit by far was both a privelege and an honor, even though he had no words to say....Noah Brown came with Mom and Grandma. He looks fantastic! For those of you who don't know...Noah is winning the battle over cancer, he had a brain tumor removed over the summer and has been through all kinds of treatments at Mayo. Thank you Noah for honoring me with a visit, I LOVED seeing you and chatting with your mom!
I recieved a phone call Friday morning...sadness does not even come close to describing the feeling in my heart. My little friend Gabe has been battling neuroblastoma for the past year. The doctors have said they have done all they can do and there are no more treatment options for him....Gabe is home now. His family is trying to live a lifetime of memories with Gabe in the next 4-6 weeks. How do you make that many memories in such a short time? How do you enjoy the time knowing it will soon end? How do you say goodbye to your 6 year old child? with God's grace...Please pray for Gabe and his family...he has a large loving family who are incredible, brave and sad all at the same time....
Scott and Isaiah went to the golf course Friday afternoon....they had a good time in the rain...
Pastor Greg came over with a pickup truck full of wood and brush from his yard for us to burn. How convenient that Scott would be gone so I had to help unload the truck in the rain! Yuck!
Sunburned and exhausted and sore...I fell into bed and found myself unable to sleep AGAIN! How can that be???
SATURDAY~ arrived WAY too early! I opened the sale at 8am and was very frustrated at the nerve of people. Lets just say it is a very good thing that I do not work in the sales industry!! I seriously think someone stole from my sale....I don't think I will even attempt to analyze that one!
Elijah had his buddy Christian over to play all day. Those boys were busy all day long!
Closed the sale around 2:30 and packed everything up. This sale was a smidge better than the one in July. But, clearly I have to find some other way to make money for Isaiah's hospital bills and expenses.
Scott went into town and picked up Papa Murphys Pizza for dinner, I found a new favorite there...cinnamon wheel....YUUMMMM!
Baths, ironed church clothes, studied for my part in childrens church, I was ready for a bath!
Once in the bubbles I realized a couple things: 1. I am way too big for a cozy bubble bath, I need a bigger tub! 2. bubble baths and sunburn are not friends!
I went to bed early!
SUNDAY~ Scott set the alarm for earlier than I wanted and that drives me crazy! Since I am the first to get up and shower for church, then I get all the kids up, dressed and going on breakfast before he is even out of the shower, I think I should get to decide When I get up. Ok that said...church went well this morning. We got home and I cooked a nice Sunday dinner of country fried steak, mashed taters gravy and green beans!
This afternoon I tried to sew my quilt top together...I got all the columns done nicely, then began on the rows....do you know what an "unsew"tool is? You use it to rip out all the seams you messed up. So, I spent a good deal of time unsewing rows, took a break to update here because honestly the thought of sewing all those rows again makes me want to cry!
Isaiah is doing math so he can not do math tomorrow...funny kid!
That is all for now...

1 comment:

Truders said...

My heart goes out to your little friend Gabe. I can't even imagine.