Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gramma

I decided to honor my Grandmother today. She is the most amazing woman in the world. She is one of the best cooks I know, even though in the past few years she hasn't spent much time in the kitchen. I enjoy having her over for some kitchen bonding time. She makes a mean gravy and the best green beans you'll ever eat among many other things. I have many special memories of Sunday's at Gramma's house.
Gramma has taught me many things in my life. She lives what she believes. Loves others completely, and unconditionally. Her heart is huge and welcomes everyone openly.
Gramma is beautiful and graceful. She loves Jesus with her whole heart and is a shining example to all the generations that have followed her. Now that she is preparing for the next season of change in her life I wanted to take a moment to honor her for all she has given to me. Most of all she taught me to love in a way that reflects 1 Corinthians 13. I only hope as I travel the many seasons of my life I can be a fraction of the woman of God Gramma has been and continues to be. I love you Gramma!

No comments: