Wednesday, September 19, 2007

quilting

My new friend!!
My practice quilt.

I hung a blanket over the french doors in the dining room and pinned my squares on it so I could decide what design I wanted to do. This way the kids the hubby and the dog will ALL leave it alone. ;)
So.....
I am in the process of checking something off of my life list...
I have always wanted to learn Quilt Making. A few months ago the began to advertise in our church bullitin Stichin' Mission. Learn Quilt making and donate your first quilt to missions....after some fast talking and a little begging I convinced Scott that he could live without me on Monday nihgts for 5 weeks and then I convince Mom that this was also on her life list! This week marked our second class...though our home work for week one was to "make friends with our machines" I never thought that was going to happen! I am happy to report that finallyMonday afternoon just before class we bonded! Hopefully she wont rust from all the tears I shed on her...
Class two....nothing like cramming it all in! OUr home work (if possible) is to have our quilt top done! What??? Fear filled my heart. I almost threw in the thread! But, am happy to report that I have figured out how to cut my sqaures, lay them out, and even did a half way decent job sewing a practice section! Yeah Angela!

2 comments:

Truders said...

Way to go Angela!!

Lori Eilers said...

So very cool. I have no patience for sewing! I'll stick to beading.