Wednesday, September 26, 2007

love

Love is not a warm, fuzzy feeling. It is an attitude, a decision. One we make from the heart to place another person and their well being above our own. In 1 Corinthians chapter 13 it tells us all the things that Love is...
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (New International Version)

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails...

Charles Stanley said in his book (A Touch of His Love) and I love this...
"Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It is not irritated by the behavior of others. It refuses to judge, leaving that to God. It does not keep a mental record of offenses. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It meets each day with cheer and a smile. It thinks upon good things and is happy in simple obedience to God."
HMHMHM
Do I model this on a day to day basis? Do I teach this kind of love to my children and those around me?
Charles Stanley sort of answers my fears in one section where he says...
"Measure your love by these attributes. When provoked or tempted review these and think on their brilliance. Let its truth light your path. If you are overwhelmed by the enormity of love, choose one of its features and commit yourself to its obedience. Continually until it is woven into your spirit."
Wow! woven in my spirit....I love that! I don't need to burden myself with my short comings in how I love, show love, or recieve it. I can slowly weave each into my spirit. Then love and all its attributes will be such a part of me that I wont have to wonder if I am doing it right.

No comments: