Monday, September 10, 2007

Isaiah



HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAIAH!!!


September 10, 2007~ today is Isaiah's 11th birthday. I can hardly believe he is that old already! Just a little side note, if any one else feels the need to point out that we are 2 years away from teens with him, please save that comment for next years birthday. I am having a hard enough time dealing with the fact that my oldest is a senior!

We greeted Isaiah this morning with a rousing off key version of Happy Birthday (not the zoo version) then he sang to himself :)...I made him pancakes with special sprinkles for his breakfast. Then it was off to school for art where he shared treats with all of his friends.

One of the many perks of home school is that you get your birthday OFF! Yeah for him! He is in all his glory watching the history channel and building Legos, what else is there in life??? no cake for the birthday boy, he is having chocolate fountain and fixings instead. Yummy!

Some random things I love about Isaiah:

1. He still loves to cuddle or sit on my lap.
2. He is a very creative thinker and his mind goes to places I never dreamed of!
3. He is extremely good at strategy type games, he can figure just about any kind of puzzle you hand him. My mind doesn't work that way.
4. Isaiah is one of the most brave kids I have ever known.
5. Patience is something God put in him in great volume when He created him. He can sit and wait ALL DAY long and not get even a little irritable. That is why he is so good at golf.
6. He is a man of few words, what he chooses to say is certain to be important because a lot of thought goes into every word before it is spoken.
7. He loves to play practical jokes on people and has been known to set a trap or two for unsuspecting friends...
8. He loves to watch the history channel and true detective crime shows.
9. I love to see him when something cracks him up, he laughs from deep down in his belly and even slaps his knee...so cute!
10. He loves his siblings, but is especially close with Elijah.
11. He is the happiest person I have ever known, which to some may be a surprise, but you'd have to spend time with him to know what I mean. He enjoys life more completely than anyone.
12. His middle name is William after my Dad, but if he could choose his own name he would change it to Rex!
13. Isaiah loves chocolate more than any other dessert.

That is just a short list of my Isaiah's great qualities.

Happy Happy Birthday my second son! I love you tons!

2 comments:

Truders said...

Happy Birthday Isaiah!! Just doesn't seem possible that our little shy guy would be 11. We hope you had a fantastic day. Love you much.
Pastor Kevin and Trudy

Lori Eilers said...

I was so glad I got to see Isaiah on his birthday! You are a very special young man with a God size plan for your life! Love ya buddy!