Friday, June 12, 2009

This week has been very productive. I am proud of myself, I rose above the heaviness of my sorrow and got things done anyway. Some days, I wish I could just crawl into bed, close the door and shut the world out. Even 24 hours of alone time with no one to disturb my existence could do a world of good for my soul. BUT....since such moments of peace and solitude do not exist in my time and space. I move ahead, placing one weary foot in front of the other and suddenly realize...I did it! I made it through my most dreaded week of the year. I even managed a smile and laugh or two along the way! Yay for me!
Some things I have accomplished: completed 7 phone calls and an updated report for my CASA case. Rounded up a few new volunteers for Foster Parents Night Out, planned this months FPNO activities and menu. Contacted a gentleman who is helping me complete my non profit status and all the legal/tax exempt stuff. Updated foster/adoption liscense. Took kiddos to the doctor. Set up more appointments for some. Looked for and found a spanish program for the kids to use this summer, (still need to purchase the program). Cleaned out and organized 2 rooms. Took tons of pictures. Arranged a new travel plan for Dominique. Helped him choose next semester classes, changed his phone service provider, and watched ball games! WHEW!!
Now, I am getting very excited because I have the honor of creating my cousin Joy's wedding cake this month. If it turns out half as nice in real life as it looks in my imagination....it will be the best cake I have done so far! Plus 500 mints for the occasion.
Life is moving forward. Funny, it has a way of doing that. moving. even when we would much prefer to have it stand still, or pass on by....or better yet....rewind and provide us the grace of a do-over...BUT, since I have tried many a time to achieve the do-over status and have come to the conclusion that a real life do-over is actually the process of which we learn from our mistakes and not repeat them, then we pass on the wisdom we gained from those mistakes....that is a true life do-over.
SIGH~ so today, I am proud. proud that I made it through this week. and have accomplished things instead of lying in bed with the covers pulled up over my head waiting for the week to come to an end...

No comments: