Sunday, June 14, 2009

It has been a busy weekend. Tomorrow I think I will try to post some pix of life as of late....for now you will have to rely on a word picture instead.
Friday night, after months of being invited, I finally made it to a special bible study. I really was worried about going. I am always with children and so I do not know very many adults unless they are attached to children I already know. So going was a bit uncomfortable for me. I am glad I did. The study was on prayer....I have been contemplating much since Friday night. It was fun, we ate dinner, had the study, some very special prayer time, then chatting. I have forgotten how long it has been that I have been able to actually have a conversation, uninterrupted...I am glad I went. Even though I did not leave church until midnight.
Sadly, we received a message from Ashley that Madison is on discipline and will not be allowed phone calls until at least next Friday.
Saturday arrived and I realized I still had the headache I had been fighting for 5 days. nothing seems to touch it. If I am lucky enough to get some relief it is short lived and I am back where I started.
I decided I was not leaving the house. No make up, nothing...and that is what I did. I sorted through all the clothing for FPNO clothing swap. What a chore that was!! Glad that one is over!
Wish I could say I was smart enough to go to bed early...but...I wasn't!
Today we had church followed right away by the Shriners Hospital kids picinic. WHat fun that was...do you think I remembered my camera? Nope! I thought about it while in the shower this morning and then poof...forgot until we arrived at the picinic. ARGH!
We arrived home in time for me to make a cake and pasta salad for Elijah's baseball family picinic. He had practice at 2 followed by a game between parents and the boys. THAT WAS FUN!! then the picinic. The Burrito LOVES being out doors! He loves the park and boy was he ever dirty!!
Amaris had tons of fun playing with her friends she hasnt seen since school let out 2 weeks ago. Miss social butterfly at the ripe old age of 8!
Samuel of course was in trouble and had to let the entire world know that he was unhgappy with his plight in life....lets just say he bought hiomself an early to bed night....NUFF SAID!!
Isaiah suprised all of us and stayed at the picinic almost the entire time! Mr. I-hate-bugs-so-I-cant-stay-outdoors...It was a beautiful day for a picinic or 2 and some baseball.
This week we are heading into the tournament games. Lij plays Monday night, if he wins they move on, if they lose the season is over. It has been a great season. And as much as I love watching him play ball...it will be nice to not run to the ballpark every other night.
I am taking the Burrito in for evaluations Monday morning...more on that later.
It has been super nice having Dominique home...sigh...I know our summer will fly by and sooner than I would like he will be flying back to MD. :0( I will enjoy him while he is home and try not think about his departure. It has been fun getting to know his friends better. They are a great bunch of kids!!
Tomorrow is the beginning of a long week...so I must get some rest and attempt to sleep away this crazy headache that has taken up residence in my head. pictures tomorrow...I hope!

No comments: