Wednesday, December 10, 2008

updates of sorts...

Youngest to oldest today....
The Burrito~ Is doing fantastic! He is making progress daily. Gets into trouble just sitting still ;0). He is beginning to try to mimic words, (so cute) and finally at 15 months old is willing to try to eat 'people' food besides chicken burritos (his all time fav!)
Samuel~ Is doing better in school, making progress with the speech teacher. It is getting easier to translate from 'Samlish' to English. Although I am still a bit confused as to what she means when she says his speech is 'slushy'.
Amaris~ Is beginning to figure out that it is way more fun to obey the house rules than not. Privileges are a fun thing to have and not so much fun to have revoked.
a note on Sam and Am...it is funny how you settle into current reality and tend to forget from where you came. Today, I was in court for CASA and ran into some key people we had involved in Sam and Am's case when they were foster children. On the way home I thought. How far we have come. The Lord has almost erased all the bad memories from our daily lives and it really does feel like we have had them forever. When the judge says to you on adoption day, 'From this day forward it will be as if you gave birth to these children all rights and responsibility to these children are yours as if you gave birth.' or something like that anyway. It is true in those moments your heart is transformed and forever changed.
So today I was thinking of all we went through, all they went through before us...amazing. And I am blessed! It is funny because one of the workers asked me how the kids were by using their 'old' names. I had to think for a couple minutes of who he was talking about, he must have thought I was a nut. LOL
Elijah~ Has been enjoying getting to know his new/old buddy Renn who recently moved back to DSM from Oregon. He is looking forward to basketball, well IF I can get Scott to say yes....we will see.
Isaiah~ Is loving being back in school. He is having some increased numbness and tingling. Some increased motor control issues. Non too significant to require a premature trip up to the hospital but enough to take note and make it a matter of prayer. His pain has increased as well. We have actually had to use his pain meds a couple times recently. Usually he can tough it out but not lately. Please, if you think about it say a little prayer for him. We would like to make it until May at least before we have to go back to the hospital.
Madison~ We live on a perpetual roller coaster with Madison. When she is stable she is an absolute JOY to be around, I mean it. But when she is not stable....she creates havoc everywhere she goes and the stress and tension i the house reflects her moods. We have a long road ahead with her. She is hoping to go out for track in the spring, I am hoping that will help her focus and stabilize. more reasons to pray!
Dominique's semester is coming to a close this week. He is moving home for winter break and then.....deep breath.....we have not told the other children yet so PLEASE...If you read this do not talk to my kids about Dominique. He is moving to Maryland to live with his God Mother and go to school there. I have prayed about this and have peace in my heart. For many many many reasons he needs to do this. I love my son very much and know I must take this step along side him and allow him the chance to try out his wings. Please pray for him to find himself and where he fits in this world. pray for me to continue to support him and allow him to fly, because I know he can doesn't mean I wont miss him like crazy! Pray for Lij his heart is going to break into a million pieces when he finds out I don't know how I will ever console him. He cried every single day for the first month and half of this semester with Dom living right in DSM 25 minutes away. Pray for the other kids too, they will all miss him tons. It just that Dom and Lij have a special bond.
I finally got into the spirit of Christmas and decked our halls. I am glad I did. It always looks so pretty.
I am busy getting ready for all the happenings of the season. shopping, baking, cookie exchanges, time with friends and family. This time of year is difficult for a lot of people I am thankful for what I have. and miss those who are no longer with me.

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Oh buddy! Your house is always hopping. Dominique is a great man...he'll be okay but I understand how tough it is to let them go. Call if you need to talk or vent! Love to all...even Scooter Scotty who hasn't e-mailed me forever and I think has forgotten about visiting TN. Just because PK is back doesn't mean he can snub me! :)

Chef Stinson Family said...

Oh whew! My heart sunk a little when I saw Dominique's withdrawal form come across my desk last week. I kept looking at your blog to see if you were saying anything about it and when I didn't see anything, I was afraid you didn't know. I will be praying for him. He will be great no matter what!!!