Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas decorating dilema...



Last March we decided to buy new furniture for the first time ever, with our income tax return. (don't ask Scott the story.) short version is we ended up with 2 couches and a chaise (which I LOVE) but in March who thinks about Christmas and trees and decorating??? not me. hence my current dilema.
I have no place for our 'normal' tree. I turned on the creative juices and came up with what I considered to be a great alternative. I bought 4 pre-lit porch trees from Menards ( they were buy one get one free) and 9 poinsettas from Lowes and decorated the shelves. I love the way it turned out. It looks so pretty.
Then...Dominique came home for winter break....when asked what he thought this is what he said...."it looks nice but when are we putting up the tree?' when I told him we weren't this year for lack of place to put it, he told me he will find a place for the tree and today he thinks we are putting it up. Since he is still snoozing I am not really sure what will happen but am prepared to have 5 trees this year. I will let you know what happens. I offered to put it up in his bedroom. He dedclined. LOL
In the mean time here are the pix of what I did so far.

3 comments:

Adventures of Abby said...

men are such creatures of habit!!! I like the little trees. I am also wondering where we will put our tree this year?!?!

Angela said...

advice...dont ask a guy!

Truders said...

Looks very good!! You did a great job.