Monday, December 1, 2008

turkey, toxic pukes, quality time with the monsters, and a clean basement.

Friday I decided I was going to just stay home and hang out with the monsters. My brother and Scott went into town to purchase the items required to finish fixing the plumbing issues that arose on the eve of turkey day. So, YAY! No more sludge!
In the afternoon I was going to go into town to buy a couple Christmas trees. (yes I said a couple) cuz when we bought the new furniture I forgot all about Christmas and now a couch sits in the prime tree location. So while I was brainstorming the other night sitting on the couch in the dark at 1 a.m. I thought how cool it would be to have 3 trees all on the tops of the shelving units, THEN pastor Kevin had an even better idea. What about a Grove of trees? I am stealing that idea and making myself a grove of Christmas trees. All with a million lights. I can let the boys decorate one, the girls decorate one, I am excited, well I was until Scott said NO. So, I decided not to go into town. I mean why waste gas and time and fight the crazy crowds to just LOOK. So, I stayed home and Scott and Lij went into town to buy clips for the outdoor lights.
When they returned Scott Lij and Maditude all went up onto the roof to put the lights up. I took pictures only one problem...they aren't on my memory card. MAN! Some of them were so cute! Lij sitting at the very peak of the roof tapping his foot arms gently folded across his chest. Whats wrong bud? nothin' mom I am just eager to get down and see what our work looks like. funny boy!
Saturday I decided it was high time to get busy working on the basement project. Beings that Isaiah is moving downstairs before Christmas. I was busy and hard at work when Scott began yelling at me to come quick...Sam was at it again. Toxic pukes all over the lunch table. Yup...nasty! Obviously, I excused everyone from the table and waived the 'clean your plate if you want a snack' requirement. cleaned, disinfected (with lysol) and started laundry AGAIN! Quarentined the toxic monster away from the non toxic variety. Prayed that it would not spread throughout the rest of us...so far so good!
Scott and 2 of the boys went into town for haircuts.
I finished the basement-phase one anyway.
made grilled cheese for dinner. Cuz lets face it, no one wants to clean up spaghetti from the hallway walls and carpet when it turns toxic. sorry.
Sam recovered yet again. But since he was toxic I had to call my Joy and tell her not to visit. I was sad about that.
Sunday came and everyone was healthy again so I got everyone ready for church and we had a regular kind of Sunday, only this Sunday was completely covered in snow and ice. the beauty of the trees early in the morning...breathtaking, until you have drive on the roads that have only been partially treated. After church I even made spaghetti. I know brave HUH?
Went back to church for the evening services. Through snow and ice and craziness again. we made it safely there and thought about going home early but didn't.
What a weekend!

No comments: