Saturday, December 13, 2008

A road trip and the cheetah girls

My good friend Trudy won tickets to see the Cheetah Girls in Omaha. Since she is a mom of all boys she decided to bless my girls with the trip. We had a ton of fun on the way to Omaha. I intentionally did not tell the girls where we were going. Trudy and I turned it into a fun guessing game, one in which Amaris beat Madison hands down! We decided Madison should dye her hair blonde...nuff said! ;0)
First stop parking for a whopping $10...crazy! Then after a couple wrong stops we finally arrived at the appropriate window to pick up the tickets, after a gentle looving reminder that she is a pastors wife (wink wink) and a little song (victory in Jesus...LOL) we were on our way to our seats.
Note to self...in the future if this opportunity ever presents itself again. do the following...
1. take pain medication I am too old to hang with a million screaming girls all at once.
2. make sure I take Trudy with, she made it well worth the misery!
3. take benedryl to give Madison for the ride home....the ride would have been much more peaceful if she had been sleeping!
4. take Isaiah's ear plugs.
But seriously I loved watching the girls have so much fun...even if my Amaris never shows her excitement I know she was...very excited.
I loved spending time with my friend. and probly talked WAY too much on the way home.
Thanks Trudy for loving my family like we belong to you!!!

1 comment:

Truders said...

It was my pleasure and you are a part of my family since I have none here!! :)