Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm too sad to eat my soup.

So tonight was the night. Dominique could wait no longer he wanted to share his exciting news with his siblings. So....as we all sat around the dinner table som of us eating Orzo and chicken and the sickies eating soup....Dominique says. Guys I have news.....
terror streaks across Elijah's face....he knows, you can tell...
"On January first, New Years Day, I am moving."
I could feel the table shaking, them my leg was trembling, not form my own sorrow but from the sobs coming from deep inside a little 8 year old boys heart.
Nothing mattered any more after the words were out there, hanging in the air. He plopped his little head down on the table and cried his eyes out. We all tried to help him understand that it is not a forever move, Dominique will come home on school breaks and for visits, he wont be gone forever....
after what seemed like an eternity the tears subsided and he just pouted....bigger and harder than I have ever seen before....I rubbed his back. Dominique told him they will do special stuff together while he is home....
I told him to eat some soup....
I can't, I am too sad to eat my soup.
I asked if he had any questions for Dominique...no, I am too mad to talk about it right now.
sigh....
You know, all their lives I have prayed my children would grow up close, loving eachother feircely, cuz really when all is said and done family is what counts in the end, right?
well. my prayers have been answered and now I have a little boy whose heart is broken in a million pieces. I know this too shall pass. But seriously! If you could have been at my dinner table tonight you all would have begged Dominique to change his mind just for Lij!
SIGH!

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

I'm praying for you all!

Truders said...

That breaks my heart for Lij. I'll be praying for him.