Tuesday, December 2, 2008

an update and a victory

First an update on my broken son. The swelling is finally going down although the bruising is not so good. He reports the pain is not much better but still refuses any medication stronger than Tylenol. I have been in contact with his advisor at school. She has been wonderfully supportive and is committed to helping him finish the semester strong! What a relief that is! Tomorrow we meet the ENT and find out if they will have to operate to fix his nose, also will examine the cheek bone.
Now for our victory. Today was the day of the hearing with the county administration regarding the re zoning of my Grandmother's home and property. The vote of the board was unanimous in favor of re zoning. no one contested so it was ruled and confirmed in favor of our request. I wish I would have had a camera when we went to visit her after the hearing. A mix of relief and joy washed over her as we explained what happened. I love my Gramma so much.
final update, I am not allowed to discuss details of any kind but would like to thank all of you who have encouraged me and supported me through my training to become a CASA. I am officially assigned to my first case. I pray God will give me the gift of wisdom. I will update on my broken son tomorrow.

No comments: