Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week in review

I know it is only Thursday, BUT this week has been LONG!
Tuesday:
Scott took me back to the doctor for a check on my neck...did not go so great. X-Rays were perfect but the problems are muscular, ligament and tendon issues. Which means a slower recovery, GREAT! I love that! She also said I can't drive, I have to come back in a week to see her, if I am not 40-50% better by then she will send me to physical thereapy. Ok, stop the train I am getting off! I don't have time, money or patience for PT! Is anyone listening to me?? So then she drops the bomb....I get to have 2 shots. WHOO HOO!! It just keeps getting better right? So, I get a shot of prednisone in one cheeck and toradol in the other. One stop at the pharmacy $90 later I am set for another week of recovery. Oh and keep up the heat, it should help. Somehow I managed to prepare dinner, but by 6:00 I was so sick, one of those shots made me sick. All night I was up sick. That did not help my neck feel any better let me tell you!
Wednesday:
Since I still can't drive and still have no vehicle to drive even if I could....I had to ask my mom to take us to Isaiah's appointment in West Des Moines. I do appreciate her willingness to help but feel bad to ask for the help. What an imposition. It was a very cold and windy day. We got home just as the bus was dropping off Elijah and Amaris. Perfect timing. I was feeling pretty awful by then so tried to rest. Scott got home and I asked him if we could go to Applebees for dinner, we never eat out, but the selling point was kids eat for 99 cents on Wednesdays for us that is about the same as Mcdonalds. Being the wonderful guy he is, he said yes. After dinner, off to church, by that time I was feeling really bad but it was Pastor Greg's last night at our church and I had to help serve cake at the reception after church. When we got home I had a monster headache You would not believe the size of that headache. I think this crazy medicine they have me taking is doing odd things to my body. I hardly slept at all last night.
Thursday:
I couldn't take Isaiah to school for guidance today. Bummer!
Later in the morning my mom picked me up to take me to run errands and stop at Share What you Wear at Gramma's church. I dropped off several bags of donations and was very disappointed to see that when we got into the church all the size tables I was looking for were empty. Hopefully our donation will help someone.
Errands done, we returned home and I was actually hungry for the first time in 3 days. I had a little lunch and took more meds. Then I helped Dominique make brownies. He and Sierra are going to a concert this evening and he wanted to take brownies with him.
We heard from insurance, they decided not to total the van even though the repairs are almost as much money as the blue book value. We decided not to fix the van, so sent back the check and asked for a new one. Signed the title over to the owner of the auto shop. Now we wait for the check so we can begin looking for a new/old van. we are praying we will be able to find a really great deal!
Isaiah has been having less pain this week but more numbness and tingling in his legs. Not sure what that is all about. We will keep charting and waiting. He has been the best little helper man in the world since I got hurt! He vaccuums for me, takes care of Sam, fixes lunch. Prays for me and heats up my neck wrap whenever it gets cold. He is so sweet!
Elijah's foot is healing nicely, the bruise on his chin has faded into this weird shade of brown and purple mixed all together.
Amaris has been having asthma issues all week. We should have thought before we had the kids rake all the leaves and then jump into them. But what would fall be like with out leaf jumping??
I think I am going to try to cook dinner tonight, I chose stir fry, that should be easy enough.

No comments: