Tuesday, November 13, 2007

here's what's happening....

I have many thanks to send out....first and most of all to all who have prayed for us. My neck is beginning to feel a bit better, I quit taking the meds because honestly they just didn't work. I have to return to see the doc this afternoon.
Scott's mom and sister brought us KFC for dinner on Thursday, Bill and Donna brought lasagna Friday night, The Beery's brought dinner Saturday. Boy, let me tell you how much that helped. You see, I have a husband who can not cook! Usually, when I anticipate things I cook ahead and freeze dinners so we don't get into a jam. Who could have seen this coming?? To be honest with you, I was not up to cooking last night either, but I was really trying to get it done when my brother arrived and took over, he made spaghetti and garlic bread. Thanks to everyone! Now if I can find some relief in my neck long enough to catch up on laundry and cook dinner today we will be good. Seriously, I had to lie down last night after dinner, and I wasn't sure I'd be getting up again. This is crazy!
Then, Saturday Elijah was goofing around on the treadmill and got his foot stuck, cutting every single toe on the right foot. He is lucky he still has toes! Since we are down to Scott's car and Dominique's. We had to have Dominique drive 2 of the kids to church on Sunday, yes I went and yes it was a mistake. But that is beside the point. Anyway, When they were leaving church Elijah was running up the stairs and slipped and hit his chin on the steps. He has a monster bruise that covers his entire chin. It is kind of the color of grape jelly, I tasted it and it is definately not jelly.
Then, yesterday we thought Dominique might have mono or something, so we took him ion to the clinic, saw a doc, had blood work done, probably viral. You know I think that is what they say when they have no idea what else to say. Rest rest rest. That is all.
We waiting for our check from the insurance company then we can start looking for a new/old vehicle. My brother found one on Ebay for me. He knows I really want a suburban, But I know that is never gonna happen. Anyway, he read it to me and I got all excited. $3000, 40,ooo miles, excellant condition, new tires, brakes etc.....pictures were great. So, I asked what year and where was it located so we could maybe look at it. Well........we would have to take a road trip to see it, because it is in Texas. It was also a 1984 Suburban! can you even imagine a car that old having only 40,000 miles??? Thanks for the laugh bro! I think we'll keep looking.

No comments: