Monday, November 26, 2007

Joy came home!!!

Joy was home for Thanksgiving. So, of course she babysat for us so we could go out. Scott and I left at 9 Saturday morning and returned shortly after 9 Saturday night. We are almost completely done Christmas shopping!! Yeah! We had a great time with each other without any kids. Although the kids called us 9 million times we still had a blast! There are a few lessons I learned though.
  • Never, never and I mean NEVER take Daddy shopping for clothing for your teenaged daughter!!!!!!!!
  • Never go shopping the Saturday after Thanksgiving without Advil or someother kind of headache relieving medication.
  • Never complain about your husband becoming grumpy, because he will then become MORE grumpy ;0) (he quickly recovered)
  • Always go with a master plan and a map.
  • Always be thoughtful and polite to people who cross your path. You never know whom you may run into, more than that, you may change someones bad attitude into a good one. There is a reason Bees like honey so much!
  • When looking for a hiding place for the treasures you purchased, stash them in someone elses house! Hee Hee, that will make your kids crazy!!

We had a nice day, I over-did it of course. My neck is giving me fits, I think the recovery thing is going to drag out a while longer. It is hard because I have so many things I have to do, Laundry, cooking, cleaning, blah~blah~blah. You know, all the same things every other mom has to do, it just seems a whole lot harder when you are in pain. Now I have been getting these monster headaches in the late evening, I think it is because I do too much throughout the day. Anyway.....we did have an enjoyable time shopping together. We don't have many opportunities to do anything without kids so I wasn't going to give up a minute of it!

No comments: