Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankfull hearts all around

My heart is full. I love this time of year. I try to teach my children to always be thankful for what we have all year through. But, there is something about this time of year that makes me more aware of the things for which I am thankful.

  • That I have a Savior who loves me even when I have a hard time loving myself!
  • For 6 wonderfully different children, who at times may make me a little crazy, but I would never want to spend a day without any of them!
  • For a brother who lives right down the street and loves to spend time with us and is always willing to help out with anything we need.
  • For my mother moving back to Iowa to be close to her grandchildren.
  • For friends who pray for us daily.
  • For Gramma who inspires me to be a more Godly woman everyday!
  • For Isaiah's gift of time.....to wait before we have to have surgery. Everyday without surgery is a gift I cherish.
  • For health and God's Hands of Protection over all of us everyday!

I love Thanksgiving, sitting around the table as a family and listening to what each one is thankful for. My heart swelled as I listened to each one list their 'thankfuls' as Elijah calls them. Not one of them said they were thankful for things. What a wonderful time we had enjoying each others company.

No comments: