Thursday, November 1, 2007

I can't believe its Thursday again!

We have had a very busy week again! Dentist appointments for the other half of the children Monday. Good news for all. Madison is still lobbying for braces, even though she doesn't NEED them. For some crazy reason she thinks she has to have them. I am sorry but, some things are necessary and some are not. Those that are not go to the bottom of the list! Dominique will have his wisdom tooth pulled sometime in December.
Yesterday while cooking the family dinner I noticed the water pressure in the kitchen sink was low we ran around the house checking the other faucets and they were all fine. At this point you would think I would be smart enough to investigate further...nope! I figured well, that's weird, and continued on with my task of preparing dinner and cleaning up the dishes so we could go to church. After dinner my brother made a comment about the pressure, again I passed it off as just being odd. Then I reached under the sink into the cabinet and water poured out everywhere....GREAT! Now we had to go to Menards before church so he could fix it after church. Good news, the hose thing that broke was under warranty so we got a FREE replacement and were on our way. HAPPY!
Not for long.....
upon arriving home at 9:10pm and trying to hussle the kiddies through snack and off to bed while Philip was fixing the sink. We all hear this frantic MOM coming from Dominique's room.
WHY WHY WHY did I not think about his room being directly under the kitchen you ask?????? I don't know. BUY the kitchen must have been leaking all day because it flooded his bedroom, his bed is a total loss! So, now at 9:30pm we are washing bedding and pillows, and hauling a perfectly good but ruined mattress outside. Then we had to set fans up to dry out his floor. Now he has to sleep on the floor until we can buy him a new mattress.
So there you have it. I win the contest for the least observant and quite possibly the dumbest person of the week.
Pray for Isaiah, his pain is consistently rating around a seven on the 10 scale, although he rarely ever complains and most often refuses meds we are having more difficulty keeping him comfortable.
That is about all for now. I am going to update some photos now....

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

What a rotten deal! So sorry to hear it. I'll be praying for Isaiah. Love you all. I need to call you soon!