Thursday, November 8, 2007

Oh Deer!

We were on our way to church last night and from out of nowhere came a deer. And yes, we hit it. Pretty sure the van is a total loss. A friend from church is writing an estimate and submitting it to our insurance company so we will have to wait and see what happens. God was definitely with us in the van, Isaiah and all the other kids are fine. We have to keep an eye on Isaiah for the first 48 hours after the accident, but so far he is fine, so I don't expect anything to change. I on the other hand.....instinct kicked in and when I realized we were going to hit the deer, I turned around to make sure the kids were OK and so when we hit.....yeah....I have been in a lot of pain since impact. Scott took me to the walk in clinic and the doc gave me all kinds of meds to help and told me I have to take it easy....ha ha....she has no idea how many children I have! The kids are trying to be helpful...Whip lash is a real thing and quite painful for those of you out there who had no idea....WOW! I can't get comfortable no matter how hard I try.
So many bummers from this.....no van, how am I going to get around with all the kids to all the appointments we have??? How are we ever going to find a new/old van to replace it without having to start driving 2 vehicles every where we go? Can you say HEADACHE??? I have a monster one of those! We had to miss church last night....I had the best lesson planned out for the class I was supposed to sub in, I was bummed! I am going to have to miss PTA tonight, I told Scott if he didn't want me to go to PTA there are much nicer ways to keep me home.
The best thing is.....all my kids are safe, and my husband is safe too. Thank you God for taking care of them for me!!! Seat belts are a good thing!

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Oh Angela, that is so scary! I'm glad you all are okay. I'll be praying for God's provision and for your healing. So sorry.

Truders said...

Thank you Lord for keeping them safe!! Angela, you'll find a van and it will be even better than before. You watch and see. Glad you are all okay.