Thursday, May 3, 2012

All day I have been formulating this blog post in my mind. It was going to be informative, profound, deep. It was going to challenge the reader to change their views on the subject matter.
I made sure the house was clean, dishwasher ready to go, kiddos bathed fed and snuggled into bed, then Spuds woke up to play, great it gonna be one of Those kind of nights. so after trying for an hour to get Spuds to sleep I gave up, made a cup of coffee and grabbed a new container of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
And now, I am sitting here listening to Spuds grunt around on the floor trying really hard not to give in to his sleepiness. and All I can focus on is how delicious this new ice cream is....
focus Ang...no good. I guess I will write mindlessly about the amazing garden I wish to create in my yard.
I want a lovely sitting area in the front, really would love to have a front porch with a rocking swing. I want to search for old pots and steel strainers and buckets then turn them into planters that will spill our beautiful flowers.I have all these ideas in my mind. lots of color, mixed in with all my veggies.wild flowers. roses. daisies. every where. I know exactly how I want it to look when its done. Then I remember all the things I do in a 24 hour period and wonder who will help me care for this sanctuary I am creating.
I reflect back on this day. As I sat feeding and rocking Spuds this afternoon I watched as the sweet retired couple across the street did yard work together. Side by side they pruned and fertilized and pulled and watered and manicured their beautiful yard. It was like watching a carefully choreographed musical watching the couple float around their property.
I have reached the last bite of my Ben and Jerry's ice cream and Spuds is crying.....again. I guess profound and moving posts will have to wait for a different day.

No comments: