Thursday, May 10, 2012

2 Corinthians 2:10

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
In his letters, Paul wrote many inspirational quotes to help during difficult times. He was sharing a very important principal about over-coming hardships in this verse. He was saying that when we can not do something, THAT is when God steps in and does something miraculous to intervene. The less Paul relied on his own strength and ability the more God was allowed to come in with His strength and abilities and change the situation.
This rang through my mind for a while, bouncing around like the lingering sounds after a loud cymbal crash.
Then It hit me.
ANGELA
A N G E L A
why are you trying to be strong enough for all these people and yourself??
Why do you think your way is better than HIS, your creator?
You sill woman.
His ways are perfect, His strength will not only guide me and carry me but will provide the refuge I so desperately seek.
No His timing does not always match mine. His is better. I may struggle to see that in the moment but looking back....every time when in sorrow and in joy in anger and in the happiest times of my life...HIS timing never failed. I failed at times, but God has never failed.
I feel this so deeply, I need to sit back, take a few deep breaths, and remember This is not my life I am living, my life belongs to Him who created me. My job is to live this life in a manor that is honoring and pleasing to Him.
No more bargaining, no more taking control, I will take a lesson from Paul. Delighting in my own weakness (Lord knows there are enough to delight in).

No comments: