Thursday, June 3, 2010

more on Madison

I have been searching searching searching for the next step of our journey to Madison's healing. I have found amazing places....in other states! Sadly that wont help us. I have been working on a place here in the area, but they are having concerns and questioning whether they should accept her into their program. I have been placed on wait lists some 18 months long some 3 years long. I have found a back up plan, which would be my first plan if only it were in our fair state! They have agreed to take her, the problem is that if we agree to take her there she will lose all her wait list slots, all her medical insurance, and any services she might be eligible to receive. So what do I do? Our deadline had been moved from June 1 to July 1 for discharge from TC. I received word last night that we have been given the gift of another 30 days! I am ever so grateful for more time. More time is a wonderful blessing. It means I have more time to search and find the answer, it means Madison has more time to make more progress towards her goal of graduation from high school and the program. More time is truly a gift I will not take for granted.

No comments: