Sunday, September 28, 2008

what is your legacy

lagacy....something that is handed down or remains from one generation or time.
hhhmmmm, so a legacy is not necessarily money or property or some other material remnant of a life lived.
In case you are wondering if I fell and bumped my head. No, I didn't, and yes, I know what a legacy is. The thing I don't know and understand is when people get caught up in the greed of dollar signs and lose sight of the importance of the legacy. Lately I have had much time and plenty of opportunity to ponder this subject.
What do you wish for your legacy to be...As I was studying the other day I came across a few questions that I have been pondering:
What do you believe? ( not really as easy a question as you might think)
What do you stand for? (different than belief)
What, to you is completely non-negotiable?
What is your legacy?
I think the honest answers to these questions will give you a good idea of what your legacy will be.
What will be my 'mark' on this world.
I am sure all of you have heard that song or saying what will your dash say. The dash is the line between your birth date and the date of your death. It represents your living. What will people say about the time between?
I don't really have any great revelations to bestowe upon you tonight, I am still pondering these thoughts with in my own heart.
The only thing I know for sure is that people will not remember me by greed....love motivates me. I don't want to be thought of by what I owned. That is as far as I have gotten thus far....will let you know when I get the rest figured out.
In the mean time....why don't you think about it and let me know what you think.

No comments: