Monday, September 1, 2008

Party for 2

Cakes....what an ordeal it was chooseing cakes! Finally we decided I would make Amaris's cake and order one for Sam from DQ. A giraffe cake was her plan, little did I know she wanted a crazy giraffe cake...it turned out cute anyway. Story of the DQ cake...Philip was in town unexpectedly for the weekend in between jobs. He offered to pick up Sam's cake for me. THANKS!! HE broughtit up, Put it in the freezer and we went about our day. Around 1pm we decided to BBQ for dinner, I went down took the cake out of the freezer to find meat to Cook on the grill, then Philip and I went B-day shopping, he needed my help in choosing the kids gifts. Came home cooked out, ate, did baths etc....Around 7pm Madison says, "hey why is Sam's cake on the laundry room floor?" Oh my WORD!!!!! I forgot to put it back in the freezer when I got out the meat. What a mess!!! SO, after church yesterday morning we stopped at DQ and bought another cake....What was I thinking?????
Sam opening his gift. Amaris at Uncle Cowboy's truck, he bought her the wooden doll house she wanted.
We had a great day. Dom couldn't make it home for cake, he had too much reading and 3 essays to write. But we got to see him Sat. He came home to get his drums....don't ask...I am sure his RA will very happy to know his drums have taken up new residents in the student suites....I am looking to see them return any day now...LOL

No comments: